Recipe by Charmie777
This is a quick version of chile verde, but it doesn't skimp on any of the flavor. I make it with white rice and salad, with warm tortillas on the side. But it's great as a filling for burritos too!!!
Top Review by bsgaston
A delicious Chili Verde. No one would ever guess it is so quick and easy. I, also, blended my green chilis with some of the chicken broth to make smooth sauce. My only ingredient addition/change to the recipe was to add about a tablespoon of chipolte en adobo, while blending, for a little more chili kick. Soooo good. Served it with rice cooked in chicken broth rather than water and a big green salad. Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork chops or 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup canned chicken broth, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over high.
- Add pork, saute until just golden, about.
- 2-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- cornmeal and cumin over pork and stir 1 minute.
- Add green onions and stir just until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cup broth and chilies.
- and simmer until chile thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Thin with additional broth if necessary.
- in cilantro.
- Serve over rice.