Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is ready to eat in 10 minutes! It's sweet, crunchy and delicious!! Makes a huge amount--enough to share with friends and neighbors--or can be quartered or halved to just keep for your family.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Corn Chex
- 1 (15 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 1 (15 ounce) box Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white syrup (Karo)
- Put ingredients for "cereal mix" in a very large pan or bowl (I use my tamale pan and spray it with Pam).
- Put ingredients for "syrup" in a 5 quart pan on medium high heat and stir constantly until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes and no longer!
- Remove syrup from heat and cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour syrup over cereal mix and stir with long-handled spoon until all cereal is well coated.
- While cooling completely, stir every 5 to 10 minutes to prevent clumping.
- Eat immediately or store in ziplock bags or similar containers. To me, it actually tastes better the next day.