Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just tweaked a recipe I found in a vegan cookbook I found at the library the other day and loved it so much I thought I would share it with all of you < 3
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup fruit (cube the fruit. I like to use blueberries or apples) or 1⁄3 cup berries (cube the fruit. I like to use blueberries or apples)
- 2 tablespoons dates (pitted and chopped)
- sea salt
- 3 pinches cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup hot water
- Boil water in a kettle
- Put every thing in a single serving size bowl
- Once water is boiled add it to bowl of ingredients
- Stir then cover with a plate or towel.
- Let sit till the oats have absorbed most of the water.
- Stir several times and enjoy.
A very yummy and satisfying breakfast! I like the quick and easy way to make it. Just mix everything together before showering, and then you can go. The berries which I used were frozen, so I thawed them overnight. Thanks for sharing this nice healthy quick-start into the day :)
Made for Healthy Choices ABC