Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple to make curry sauce that's just great when using cooked fish or eggs
- 8 ounces tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 small onions, finely sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, finely sliced
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and fry until a golden colour Stir in the curry powder and salt.
- Add the tomatoes together with just enough water to produce a sauce that's not too thin in consistency Simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, add flakes of cooked fish or eggs, then simmer again for a further 10 to 15 minutes.