Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A real fast lunch or snack that you can use to throw together random leftover ingredients from the fridge.
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread
- 29.58 ml masala, cooking sauce (Patak's)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slice prosciutto
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese
- Slice a Thomas Sahara Wheat Pita in half.
- Spread the Masala sauce evenly on both pita slices. I plop a spoonful into the center then use the back of the spoon to swirl it outward. Make sure you are using a ready-to-simmer cooking sauce, not a paste.
- Top both pita slices with cherry tomato slices, then prosciutto, and finally the cheese.
- Toast for 5 minutes in toaster oven.
- I have tried this with a variety of cheeses, meats, and veggies. Mushrooms work especially nice. I plan to try different types of curry sauce in the future.
- One serving should come out to approx 233 calories, 13 fat, 17 carb, 15 protein. Use fat free or low fat cheese for better nutrition.