Recipe by - Carla -
Easy and tasty pork chops. Quick enough to make in the 20 minutes it takes rice to cook.
Top Review by ldzachary
I absolutely love this recipe! I used it first on pork chops and tonight on chicken. Because I didn't have an apple the first time I used the recipe, my husband recommended we use apple sauce; It worked. I must admit, it works either way. Tonight I doubled the recipe to add to the sauce so we could add some for the rice. Too delicious!!!
- 4 pork chops (I use boneless center loin)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook pork chops on both sides in margarine or butter until no pink remains.
- Remove pork chops from the pan.
- Add apple slices to frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir parsley, flour, curry powder, bouillon granules and pepper into drippings.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (just a few minutes).
- Stir in wine or water.
- Return pork chops to frying pan and heat through.
- Good served with rice.