Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and tasty pork chops. Quick enough to make in the 20 minutes it takes rice to cook.
Make and share this Quick Curried Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork chops (I use boneless center loin)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook pork chops on both sides in margarine or butter until no pink remains.
- Remove pork chops from the pan.
- Add apple slices to frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir parsley, flour, curry powder, bouillon granules and pepper into drippings.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (just a few minutes).
- Stir in wine or water.
- Return pork chops to frying pan and heat through.
- Good served with rice.
I absolutely love this recipe! I used it first on pork chops and tonight on chicken. Because I didn't have an apple the first time I used the recipe, my husband recommended we use apple sauce; It worked. I must admit, it works either way. Tonight I doubled the recipe to add to the sauce so we could add some for the rice. Too delicious!!!
A keeper! This recipe is absolutely wonderful. I scaled the recipe down for two people (two pork chops) and the flavor was outstanding. The only complaints my hubby and I had was that there wasn't enough sauce. Next time I plan on doubling the seasonings and sauce mixture so there is more to pour on the rice. Thanks Carla for providing a great recipe that jazzes up pork chops.
I have never made a curry so good, and on the first try! My husband are three pork chops like he had been starved for the last week. I am sharing this one with my Mom even. Thanks a bunch for a great, adn easy recipe!