Recipe by auntchelle
This may not be the most complex recipe in the world but for the amount of time and effort this takes it's a great recipe. A diet-friendly dish. I serve it with 1/2 cup cooked rice. Sometimes I use wholemeal flour and I tend to cook this a bit longer than the plain. (Australian tablespoon = 20mL)
- 1⁄4 green capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄4 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 300 g chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick frypan cook chopped onion, capsicum and cumin over medium heat for 5 minutes. (Add a splash of water if needed but allow all water to cook away before going to next stage.).
- Add coriander, tumeric and flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in reserved chick pea liquid.
- Add chick peas and green peas, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Or until thickened.