Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious but easy one-dish meal.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken (can use canned)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Boil 1 3/4 cups water in a 10 inch skillet. Stir in couscous. Remove from stove. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove couscous to large platter or bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat soup, 1/2 c water, curry powder, chicken and vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over couscous.
If anything, this gets 4 stars for ease and speed of preparation! DH said he thought it was good, and when I told him it took just over 10 minutes he declared it excellent LOL! We both thought it was a touch bland, but that was easily remedied with salt and pepper at the table. I used an extra 1/2 c peas, 98% fat free soup, and I mixed in the couscous before serving. We agreed that we might increase the amount of chicken next time, as it seemed to be heavy on the couscous. I might also try to remedy the spice issue by using chicken broth instead of water in the sauce (and maybe to cook the couscous). This is definitely a keeper, though, and I envision it being go-to easy comfort food in the winter time when nothing will do but curry :). Thanks for posting, Desperada! Made for Healthy Choices 2008.