Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Pillsbury's Complete Book of Baking, this is a comforting dessert, sure to please!
- 2 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Base and Topping
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- In medium saucepan, bring raisins and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain; stir in applesauce, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 2 1/2 cups of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Spread evenly with filling.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press lightly.
- Bake at 350*F.
- for 30 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield: 36 bars.
A nice little cookie, not overly sweet. It MUST be healthy for you.