Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
1973 Pillsbury Bake-Off winner.
Make and share this Quick Crescent Pecan Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles.
- Place in ungreased 13x9" pan; press over bottom and 1/2" up sides to form crust.
- Firmly press performations to seal.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine all filling ingredients. Pour over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
I have been searching for a good and easy pecan bars and this is it!! super easy to make and tasty!! I would however recommend a pan just a little bit smaller than the 9x13. Its a little tough to get the dough to stretch up the side the half inch.
These were good and very easy to make. I doubled the filling because it was so thin with the amount called for. I baked for the full 22 minutes and they were nicely done. Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent recipe. First spotted it on the Pillsbury website so made it slightly different. I did not use the margarine and increased the pecans to 3/4 cup. (reserved 1/4 cup and sprinkled on top after pouring the mixture on the crust). There is enough dough in one can, you just have to spread it, using wet fingers and will be a thin crust. Also thought it was reminiscent of baklava but MUCH easier and without (so much) guilt. Presented as though I had slaved over it but really only took five minutes!