Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) canscrescent dinner rolls
- 3 -4 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls into 2 long rectangles.
- Place in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan, press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- Seal perforations.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine walnuts, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spoon evenly over crust.
- Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls into 2 long rectangles.
- Place over walnut mix.
- Press out to edges of pan.
- With tip of knife, score dough with 5 lengthwise and 7 diagonal marking to form 28 diamonds.
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/2 of glaze evenly over dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Spoon remaining glaze ove baklava.
- Refrigerate and cut.
I made this version of baklava for a Biblical Marketplace at church and it was a huge hit! There were only a few slivers left over and my daughter (age 4) decided that she wanted baklava on top of her birthday cake! :)
Excellent!! Easy to make and delicious!!
Wonderful! Didn't change a thing, will make often. Thanks for sharing.