Recipe by Sharon123
From BH&G, this is a quick and easy soup to throw together and is a great use for leftover turkey!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Had leftover turkey and broth. Doubled the recipe, left out celery, added some broccoli, used cooked brown rice. I had to use a homemade cream soup instead of alfredo bcz of dairy allergies. I would reduce the thyme next time, and I added garlic, salt and pepper (my broth was low salt). I also sauteed the carrots first, then put everything in (except the cream soup) and cooked for 10 minutes. Even with the changes, this turned out very good and nice for a cold night.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or homemade turkey broth)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 cup or use other squash)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat alfredo sauce (or 10-ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo sauce)
- oyster crackers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan combine the chicken or turkey broth, peas and carrots. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, zucchini, rice, and thyme. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Return to heat and warm through. If you like, serve with oyster crackers. Enjoy!