From BH&G, this is a quick and easy soup to throw together and is a great use for leftover turkey!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or homemade turkey broth)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 cup or use other squash)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat alfredo sauce (or 10-ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo sauce)
- oyster crackers (optional)
- 1In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan combine the chicken or turkey broth, peas and carrots. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 2Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in turkey, zucchini, rice, and thyme. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4Stir in Alfredo sauce. Return to heat and warm through. If you like, serve with oyster crackers. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat alfredo sauce