Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This my family's favorite cornbread. The recipe from Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking says to use an 8-ounce can of corn but I always use a 14.5 ounce can and cook it about 10 minutes more.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mix (I use Jiffy), the egg and creamed corn.
- Pour into an 8" X 8" baking dish coated with cooking spray (or you can use a muffin tin).
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Woo! How easy can you get? I was looking for kind of 'instruction' on how to incorporate creamed corn into a cornbread recipe. Being a permanent-novice cook, I need other ppl's advice for this kind of thing, lol! This was just what I needed, and I followed this exactly except I used Eggbeaters (1/4 cup) for the 1 egg. I only had the 14.5 oz can of creamed corn but I set the timer for 25 mins so I could check on the doneness before adding any more cooking time. 25 mins left the bread nicely browned and done, just really super moist. My mom, who is a great cook, was over for dinner and my mom and my bf both enjoyed the cornbread. My bf prefers cornbread with creamed corn in it, so I'm glad I found this recipe. Yum, thanks BeansnRice for a keeper. :) I served this with Recipe #79308.