Adapted from epicurious.com. This is a fantastic low-fat soup recipe that tastes very creamy. It is also fast and easy-a really great healthy soup for the broccoli lover!! I used my immersion blender to make it even creamier.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli (or fresh broccoli florets)
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 -2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2-2 cups water (or combination of the two)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 dash vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, combine broccoli, onion, garlic, broth (I used vegetable broth) or water, and salt.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 15 minutes, or until everything starts getting soft.
- Use a ladle to transfer 2/3 of the soup into a blender.
- Blend the soup until smooth. (I just used my immersion blender until I was happy with the texture.)
- Pour back into saucepan and turn on heat to medium setting.
- In a small bowl, combine milk with flour and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into soup and stir.
- Add basil and parsley and stir until soup begins to thicken.
- Add vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.