Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This soup is quick and easy to make. Tastes pretty darn good, too.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in flour, seasoned salt, parsley and white pepper; return to heat.
- Stir in, evaporated milk and mushrooms with juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve hot.
VERY simple! And wow, did it ever thicken up! Next time, I'm going to seperate the mushroom pieces from the liquid and saute them first. Thanks for a great recipe!
Very filling and so easy to make. I halved the amount of salt but otherwise followed the recipe as written. I would saute the onions longer next time as a personal preference. Thanks for sharing.
Way too easy for how good it tastes! This will satisfy your craving for a cream of mushroom soup in under 10 minutes! It's a "pantry soup" that tastes like it's from scratch. Thanx for sharing this recipe. I'll make this often.