Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy 10 minute recipe for a very tasty cream cheese, spinach & bacon dip. Goes great with chips or veggies. Presents well in bread bowl... Think recipe came from back of Velveeta package. ** I keep the pre-cooked heat & serve bacon on hand in my fridge & use that most of the time instead of cooking bacon - makes it easier also **
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach (frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained well)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up (1/2 of 8 oz. brick package Philadelphia)
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- COMBINE ingredients in microwaveable bowl.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minute or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minute.
Very tasty - I love finding ways to get spinach into my family's diets, and dip is an easy way to do it, because the other flavors balance the spinach very well. The only difference I made when making this was to mix it into the crock part of a small crock pot, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors come together, then about an hour and half before serving time, put the crock into the base and turned it on, so the dip would stay hot. I personally prefer regular bacon, rather than the pre-cooked, but that's a matter of personal preference.
I love this stuff. The picture on the pkg looked so good, and I have been trying to add spinach to the menu. You cant really taste the spinach. The bacon adds so much flavor. It was delicious! I will serve this at my next party.