Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Holiday alternative to cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) can 7-Up soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Combine jello and cranberry sauce in saucepan.
- Heat slowly and stir until jello is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple and nuts.
- Add soda& water.
- When foam has disappeared, pour into mold& chill until set.
Nice and tangy, a nice way to dress up a can of jellied cranberry sauce. In step 1, I added the 1 cup of water to the pan as well to better dissolve the jello. I also added about half the 7-up soda as I wanted the salad to be nice and firm. Makes a lot! Pam