Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cranberry bread made from canned cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) canocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine with sugar in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Break up cranberry sauce with a fork and add to the butter mixture. Add nuts. Add dry ingredients to the cranberry mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. If bread begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil and continue to bake until bread tests done.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Wonderful and easy recipe. This is one of the 8 bread recipes I made to give as gifts to the members of my church. It is delicious and easy. Thanks for the recipe.