Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasty coleslaw using a pre-packaged cabbage mix and dressing it up with cranberries and nuts. Feel free to lighten it up with low/no fat mayo & Splenda.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, sugar and salt.
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrot, scallions, cranberries and optional nuts in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- Allow coleslaw to chill for at least 15 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally.
Outstanding, Susie! Love the flavors in this coleslaw. Just enough crunch and soooo colorful. Will make this again! THX for posting it!
VERY yummy and super easy. My own tastebuds prefer a little less onion flavor, so next time I might use only one scallion. However! I ate this coleslaw over three days, and by the third day there was a perfect balance of flavors. I especially like the occasional tang of the cranberries. Thanks for posting this; I'm delighted I adopted you for PAC Spring 2007.