Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes forn the Egg Council. When I make this for someone with seafood allergies I use imitation crabmeat.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, flaked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated (cheddar does well too)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- Sprinkle crabmeat and cheese into pie shell.
- Beat together remaining ingredients.
- pout over crabmeat and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 357 degree oven 30-35 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Very easy and yummy. I had a can of crab meat I wanted to use so this recipe came in handy. I like the addition of tarragon - a nice light herb flavor. I also added minced green onions in place of the dried onion. The recipe could definitely use the addition of salt - I would say about 1/2 teaspoon. Mine took about 50 minutes at 375F. I served with steamed artichokes for dinner. Pam
Excellant. I used the imitation crabmeat and the real thing. Nice combination. Kudos.