Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich, cheesey sauce that highlights canned crab meat. This can be served with toast points for a special lunch or over chicken, rice, or noodles for an elegant dinner.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine soup with wine or broth.
- Cook and stir overmedium heat until blended and heated through.
- Stir 1/2 cup full into beaten egg; return to the pan.
- Place the crab in a greased or sprayed shallow 1 qt.
- baking dish.
- Top with soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and cheese is melted.