Recipe by Elizabeth H.
An old standby. Very healthy--a great way to get kids to consume more calcium! Mom made this all the time in the winter, when fresh fruit was scarce.
- 473.18 ml cottage cheese
- 4 canned pear halves in natural juice
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 59.16 ml western salad dressing or 59.16 ml Catalina dressing or 59.16 ml raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash lettuce leaves, pat dry and place on individual salad plates.
- Place 1/2 cup cottage cheese on each leaf.
- Top cottage cheese with pear half.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon (or to taste) dressing over each portion.
- NOTE: do not prepare in advance unless you can keep the salads chilled!