Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old standby. Very healthy--a great way to get kids to consume more calcium! Mom made this all the time in the winter, when fresh fruit was scarce.
- Wash lettuce leaves, pat dry and place on individual salad plates.
- Place 1/2 cup cottage cheese on each leaf.
- Top cottage cheese with pear half.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon (or to taste) dressing over each portion.
- NOTE: do not prepare in advance unless you can keep the salads chilled!
I loved this salad! I used "light" raspberry vinaigrette and it tasted wonderful with the canned pear. Will make this often.
This was so quick and easy! Mine was sort of messy (my lettuce was falling apart - I think I just needed fresher lettuce) but that made it even better. I used fresh pears and added a little feta cheese to suit my grown up tastes, and it was excellent. But, I could also see how this would be a kid pleaser. Thanks for the great recipe, and I will make it again when I am not in the mood to cook!