Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from an old cookbook from my grandma called Encyclopedia of Cooking & Homemaking. I haven't made these yet but they sound yummy. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- Mix and sift dry ingredients and cut in the shortening.
- Beat the egg and add it to the milk.
- Combine the liquid with the dry ingredients.
- Knead slightly, roll out and shape as Parker House rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minute.