Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a great little recipe for cornbread! It doesn't get much easier than this! This is from the Isaac Hayes cookbook, "Cooking with Heart and Soul", and I have to think that cornbread is right up there with the rest of the soul food's comfort food! Give it a try. This is cornbread with training wheels!
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup Jiffy cornbread mix (8.5oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-sticking cooking spray and heat in the oven while making the batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal and Jiffy mix. Add eggs, buttermilk, and oil, and mix until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened, adding a little water if necessary.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.