Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Sunset Vegetarian Cooking Cookbook.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup baking mix (Bisquick)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease a 9 inch round pan or 8 inch square pan.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and stir in milk, honey, and butter.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just enough to moisten.
- Turn batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 9 squares or wedges and serve warm.
Excellent flavor! Nice texture. Will be making this many more times. Thanks for posting.
Wonderful! As fast as a mix but better flavor. Not overly sweet but with a hint of honey. Light with a good corny texture and lovely golden brown top. Holds together well without being crumbly or too cakey. I used Bisquick Clone Recipe #12648 made with trans fat free shortening. I used a 9-inch square pan but the cornbread calls out for the cast iron skillet. Great recipe! Thanks, kburie, for sharing!