Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Takes very little time to whip up this yummy soup.
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, low fat is fine
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- In a medium saucepan over med-low heat, stir together the cream cheese and minced onion; stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Add the creamed corn, corn, parsley and milk. Continue to cook, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the bouillion and diced ham. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I did use low fat cream cheese here as well as milk with 2% fat! However, I doubled the amount of cream corn ~ Love that corn! Anyway, this very easy-to-prepare chowder made for A VERY TASTY LUNCH that I served with Onion Crescent Sticks by Laurie! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]