Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From justsouprecipes.com. Vegan, Lowfat, and Delicious.
Make and share this Quick Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- n a medium saucepan combine first 7 ingredients- potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)through pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Remove from heat & stir in the corn.
- Put two cups of the mixture into a blender container and briefly puree.(not too much).
- Add pureed mixture back to pot, along with soy milk and heat through.
This only took me maybe 10 minutes to put together and I was pleasantly surprised just how much flavor it had. I did substitute 1 cup of evaporated milk for the soy milk but followed the rest of the ingredients. This is a great quick dinner and I had all the ingredients in the pantry. I am putting this on my weeknight dinner schedule for the upcoming cooler months. I am so glad I chose to make this recipe for the Fall 2007 Pick a Chef!