Recipe by mandabears
Quick, my favorite word and this chowdah is mad good!! Starts with canned soup, but you can't tell by the end result. I usually use a 3 ounce container of real bacon pieces from Wal-mart and then saute the onion in cooking spray. You can substitute the frozen corn with 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels.
Top Review by didyb
My family irritates the heck out of me!!! I thought this soup was good. It was quick and easy and tasted good. My husband wished it were thicker and had more bacon in it, my sons wanted the corn gone, and my daughter wanted just the "broth" with no "stuff" in it. So, I will make it again, just the way it is written-- and maybe one of them can start making dinner every night if they complain!!
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart sauce over medium heat fry bacon until lightly browned and crisp.
- With slotted spoon remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat in pan.
- Add onion to pan and saute over low heat until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add soup, milk, pepper and corn.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with bacon and parsley.