This is a quick version of the classic French dish, completely made in the Wolfgang Puck electronic pressure cooker. I'm sure it would work for other brands, as well, including stove top models. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions, regardless of what brand you're using. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (or 2 lb skinless, boneless breasts)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 28 ounces beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 ounces egg noodles, extra wide, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned, for dredging
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil, vegetable, for sauteing
- 1Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour. Heat empty cooker. Add oil.
- 2When the oil is hot, brown the chicken. Remove chicken and reserve. Add onions, and brown until they caramelize. Remove onions and reserve. Add mushrooms, and sauté until they give up all their liquid, and the liquid evaporates completely. Unplug the cooker and let it cool briefly.
- 3Add wine, beef broth and bay leaves to the cooker. Put cover on, as per instruction booklet. Plug the cooker in, and select the "Stew" function. Cooker should run for 20 minutes, once it gets up to pressure. Unplug the cooker and follow the instruction manual for cooling and opening it at the end of the cooking time.
- 4Remove chicken from the cooker. Plug the cooker in, and select the "Stew" function again. Cover with the glass cover and bring the broth and vegetables to a boil. Remove cover. Add the noodles to the broth and cook, uncovered, until tender, stirring often. Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons flour with about 1/2 cup water. Blend until completely smooth. Add to cooker, stir well, and cook, stirring constantly but gently, until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- 5Return chicken to the cooker and heat for 2 or 3 minutes, uncovered. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Coq Au Vin Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1108.8
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 279.7 mg
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 69.7 g