Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I can't remember where I picked up this recipe. It's very easy---my 15 y/o has been making it for the last several years. It's a family favorite!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide cookie dough in half; press half of dough into an 8x8 pan or pie plate.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour over cookie dough.
- Put remaining cookie dough on top of cheesecake mixture in small chunks.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minute or until set.
- You may double this recipe and use a 13x9 pan.
- Cool 1 hour and refrigerate. Cut into small squares.
These are awesome!! I didn't have a package of cookie dough, so I made Chewy Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies which was the perfect amount. The only thing we did wrong was that we couldn't wait to cut them until the cheesecake part / melted chocolate chips had firmed. Next time I'll make them when no one else is around so they have a chance to firm before cutting. Thanks for posting this, I'll definitely be making again.
LOVED this! I also used a choc chip cookie recipe for the dough. Set up in freezer so it could be eaten sooner. Awesome.
I brought this to a dinner party and everyone raved over it!. It was still warm and it did not cut up and serve like a cookie bar, more like a dessert you eat with a fork, but man was it delicious!