Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This coleslaw is quick, easy, and tangy. I created it myself while trying to cut down on purchased or processed foods. Prep time includes shredding the cabbage and carrots, which can be reduced if you purchase them already shredded. It makes only about 1-2 cups once it is mixed up, as the vegetables are compacted.
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add to cabbage and carrots.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- This recipe can be increased proportionately for more servings.
I added half chopped red onion for more flavour fantastic
I used mayo in place of Miracle Whip and cut the sugar in half. This was wonderful coleslaw! The end amount was perfect since only one other family member will eat coleslaw. The slaw improved exponentially after being refrigerated overnight. Delicious!!
Talk about quick & easy! I used a bagged pre-shredded coleslaw. I tried this recipe especially for the dressing, which couldn't be any easier - and had great flavor as soon as I made it! The proportions are just right. And the horseradish adds a nice zip to the overall slaw. Great recipe, Cynthia! Thanks!