Recipe by BeaJae
This was my mother's recipe so the family has been making it for at least 70 years. It's easy to make and great tasting
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar.
- Slightly beat egg and add to the butter and sugar. Also add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift flour and salt. Add to the butter mixture slowly, mixing well after each quantity of flour.
- Alternately add baking powder and milk to the mixture. Beat well.
- Pour into an greased 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish.