Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Quick, no-bake, and one of my very favorite holiday cookies! Cook time is chill time.
Make and share this Quick Coconut Orange Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- Mix everything except the coconut. Roll into bite-sized balls and roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm, or overnight.
These were definitely sweet, but super yummy. My sis-in-law is a vegan, so I used GF/DF graham crackers and almond butter as subs and they turned out really good! I had a hard time rolling them in the coconut, so I just put about 4oz of the coconut in the dough and rolled them in powdered sugar instead!
I thought these were okay but super super sweet and not at all orangey...I think some orange extract would help to up the orange taste.
I originally loved the idea of these balls, however I must have done something wrong because I found the mixture to be WAY too wet to even contemplate rolling into balls and I didn't want to add more powdered sugar as it was sweet enough already. I also couldn't really taste the orange at all. Maybe this recipe was just not meant for me.