Recipe by Duncan H.
A very quick and easy chicken recipe that is always great when in a rush! Tip: The cooking time can be shortened by cutting the chicken breasts in to halves or thirds before browning. Serving Suggestion: When the chicken is cooked, remove from the cooking liquor, slice the chicken breast in to 6 or 8, place on a bed of rice, (wild and white is a nice mix), with steamed broccoli to the side.
- 4 chicken breasts (with or without skin)
- 2 (250 ml) cartons coconut cream
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (for extra zing) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- On the top of the stove heat a skillet / saute or frying pan.
- Add the olive oil to stop the chicken from sticking.
- Brown the chicken breasts on both sides for colour only.
- Place the browned chicken in an oven proof dish.
- Add to the coconut cream the lime zest, lime juice and chilli (to taste if required) and mix well.
- Pour over the chicken the coconut/lime/chilli mix.
- Place in a moderate to hot oven until cooked - 20 / 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Use the cooking juices as a sauce when serving.