1/1 Photo of Quick Coconut Layer Cake
This is quick because of the cake mix base, but it's luscious with its whipped cream frosting and loads of coconut. This would be terrific for Easter. Tint the coconut and add jellybeans on top! This is a combination of a couple of recipes from The Cake Mix Doctor. Please keep refrigerated. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 1/2 fluid ounce) can Coco Lopez (found in the cocktail mixers section of supermarket)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1Beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for one minute to blend.
- 2Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes, scraping down sides when necessary.
- 3Pour into two greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- 6For frosting, beat cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 7Add sugar and vanilla and beat to stiff peaks.
- 8Frost between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- 9Coat the outside surfaces liberally with grated coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Coconut Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.1
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 508.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g