Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great home made flavor. Tastes like what you get in restaurants. I once had to make 10 of these for a family reunion!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In medium saucepan mix flour,sugar,milk,and egg yolks.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add coconut, vanilla, and butter.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip.
This is a great recipe, I served it with Swedish meatballs, potato salad and rolls. Everyone enjoyed this pie. East too.
This is the first time I have made a coconut pie. My husband loved it!!!!! So did I, it was easy to make. I made 1 recipe for a 9" graham cracker crust. I wanted more filling so I made a second batch and added to the first. This is definately a keeper. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
YUM! I took a cue from other reviewers and added a little extra coconut, and it was perfect. I topped it with "Never Weep" Whipped Cream "Never Weep Whipped Topping." Everyone loved it!