1/1 Photo of Quick Coconut Bars
This is an old Betty Crocker Recipe. Although I tend to prefer recipes that don't use cake mixes, this recipe happens to be exceptionally decadent and delicious. Last time I made them they were practically inhaled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (see note) or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted (see note)
- 0.5 (18 1/2 ounce) package of a 2 layer white cake mix (about 2 cups of dry mix)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut (3 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Using a 9x13" pan, pour the melted butter or margarine into the pan and tilt it around to coat the bottom completely.
- 3Sprinkle the cake mix over melted butter.
- 4Then, sprinkle with the marshmallows, then the chocolate chips, then the coconut and lastly, the nuts.
- 5Pour the condensed milk evenly over all.
- 6Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 7Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- 8Then let it cool before cutting into 1 1/2 x 1" bars.
- 9Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
- 10Note: To save yourself a step and a dish to wash, you can put the butter or margarine right in the baking pan and heat it a low oven before raising the heat to 350° to preheat.
- 11Also, I found that in some ovens it might brown a bit too quickly.
- 12Check it while baking.
- 13If it does brown too quickly, cover with tin foil to keep it from browning any more, and remove for the last 5 minutes or so of baking.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g