Recipe by NOOBchef
This is perfect for when you need a citrus-y syrup FAST. A microwave, water, sugar and my magic ingredient combine to make this Quick Citrus Syrup ;)
- 3 tablespoons effervescent vitamin C powder (I actually use 3 tablets)
- water (more or less depending on whether you want syrup thin or thick)
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the powder, then the sugar - preferably, the sugar should cover the powder- in a microwaveable cup or bowl. if using tablets, put them in first (you may have to crush them.).
- Pour water on top until the dry ingredients are covered. DON'T try to drown out floating bits - note that the concentration of syrup depends on how wide your bowl/cup is ,so take that into consideration.
- Ignore the fizzing.
- Cover with something microwaveable and microwave on HIGH for one minute.
- Take it out (with oven gloves!) and stir. If the sugar and/or tablets aren't dissolved yet microwave for another 10 seconds.
- Serve freshly microwaved and piping hot or store in the fridge until needed.