Recipe by NurseJaney
I have been making this for so long, can't recall where it came from. I have a few "more complicated" recipes, but this is SO tasty , SO quickly, that it is the one I make most often.
Top Review by PescatariYum
Wow! I took a few liberties with this recipe. I added muscles and crab claws and used haddock in place of halibut and it came out amazing. I also doubled the red pepper flakes, because I love it spicy!!! Great and fairly easy recipe. Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces halibut fillets, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add next 4 ingredients; saute 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, and wine; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add all seafood and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Simmer until seafood is opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.