1/2 Photos of Quick Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
This quick and delicious coffeecake comes from Cook's Illustrated Magazine. They suggest that to make this recipe even easier, to prepare the streusel ingredients and measure out the dry ingredients for the cake the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed (2 1/3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (2 1/3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarse
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk or 1 3/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (7 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1For the streusel: Mix sugars, cinnamon, and melted butter together in medium bowl until mixture resembles wet sand; stir in nuts and set aside.
- 2For the cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat 13 by 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, sugars, eggs, and melted butter in separate bowl until smooth.
- 4Using rubber spatula, gently fold egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until batter looks smooth and well combined.
- 5Using rubber spatula, scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 6Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- 7Bake until streusel is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 8Cool cake on wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 9Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 71.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g