1/1 Photo of Quick Cinnamon Rolls
If you want cinnamon rolls quickly from ingredients on the shelf, this is the recipe for you. I have done major modification to a recipe I found online as I found it too sweet. Since I had no powdered sugar, I made a brown sugar alternative glaze/icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour (may need up to 1/2 cup more, then more for dusting)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (Have none? Try Buttermilk Needed but Have None or Buttermilk Substitution for Baking)
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted (walnuts will work and they are optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2If not using silicone pan, brush 9" cake or pie pan with melted butter.
- 3Whisk together flour, half the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and 2/3's of the salt. Set aside.
- 4Whisk together brown sugar, the other half of the sugar. cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/3 of the salt. Add 1/8th of the butter, melted and blend with a fork until evenly moist. Set aside.
- 5If using raisins, cover them with water so they will plump.
- 6In a liquid measuring cup place the buttermilk and stir in 1/4 of the melted butter.
- 7Add mixture to flour mix and stir with a fork until you have a shaggy dough and all liquid is absorbed.
- 8Knead the mixture in the bowl until just smooth. It will be very sticky. Add more flour as needed.
- 9Dump out on a floured surface and pat the dough into a 12x9 rectangle. Brush the top with most of the remaining butter.
- 10Evenly spread the sugar mixture over the top.
- 11Evenly spread the nuts, whole or chopped - your preference.
- 12Drain the raisins and spread evenly on top.
- 13Starting on the long side, oll the dough snugly and gently to the opposite end. Use a bench scraper or meal spatula to loosen, if necessary. Pinch the end seam to seal.
- 14Roll the log seam side down and cut into 8 equal portions. I start in half, then each in half and each in half again to keep them equal in size.
- 15Place 1 roll in the center of your pan and arrange 7 around it.
- 16Brush the tops with remaining butter.
- 17Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the edges are just golden brown.
- 18While baking, use an electric mixer (for best result) to blend all cream cheese and butter together. It will become fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and whip well.
- 19Serve warm with the cream cheese topping drizzled or spread over top.
- 20If there are any left, store in an airtight container.
- 21Reheat in a microwave.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g