Recipe by lilsweetie
Uses a cake mix to recreate the gooey goodness of cinnamon rolls without all the extra work. In my opinion, anything that combines cinnamon rolls with cake is a definite winner!
Top Review by sheepdoc
This was good and fast. I prefer yeast-y cinnamon rolls, but that's definitely not fast. Next time, I think it would be better to put in 1/2 the batter, then 1/2 the cinnamon mix, repeat, and then swirl. Put 1 tsp vanilla in the icing and used Costco Saigon cinnamon which is pretty strong. Probably should have used part applesauce for the oil, but didn't.
- 517.37 g box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml oil
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml icing sugar
- 59.16 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil and sour cream. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter then swirl into batter with a knife. The more you swirl, the more combined it will be so don't over-swirl otherwise the cinnamon/sugar will not be swirly.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- For icing (optional) combine milk with icing sugar and mix thoroughly. Pour over slightly cooled (10-15 minutes on cooling rack) cake.