Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Biscuits and Scones by Elizabeth Alston.
Make and share this Quick Cinnamon Pecan Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (divided use)
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, very soft or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- To make the crust, put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir to mix well.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers until the mixture looks like fine granules.
- Add milk and stir with a fork until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and give 10-12 kneads.
- Pat into a rectangle; wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the topping.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the topping, put 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the pecans, milk and cinnamon in the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch round layer cake pan.
- Stir to mix well; spread evenly.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough into a rectangle about 16x12-inch with the long side near you.
- Brush the dough with soft butter except for a 1-inch border along the farthest edge.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar with the remaining 1/4 cup nuts; sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll up the dough jellyroll fashion, starting from the long edge nearest you.
- Cut the roll into 16 slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side up and slightly apart, on top of the brown sugar mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Invert immediately onto a serving plate and remove the pan.
- Let cool 20 minutes before serving.