Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in a church cookbook. I usually dress it up with raisins and shredded apple, but the recipe is good as it is. It is a great recipe to put into the oven while cooking something else.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease round cake pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Measure all remaining dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Beat together butter, milk and egg; pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened - don't beat!
- Pour batter into a pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm.
Perfect little cake to make quickly. I used rice milk instead of dairy milk and margarine instead of butter. This cake is fluffy, moist and light. I added dried cranberries while folding dry ingredients to wet. It is very important not to over mix the batter.
Needing something quick and easy to bring to work this morning, I chose to make this coffee cake. I ended up making 2 separate cakes and it was a good thing...they are DELICIOUS! I'll definitely put this recipe in the file! It's so easy, takes a short amount of time to bake, and is scrumptious.
Turned out really nice - delicious and moist. I skipped more sugar for the icing, using only cinnamon. If you use a pound cake pan like I did, make sure to add about 10 minutes to the baking time.