Recipe by Eldeevee
This was in a church cookbook. I usually dress it up with raisins and shredded apple, but the recipe is good as it is. It is a great recipe to put into the oven while cooking something else.
Top Review by NancyLeeIL
Great basic recipe to have. Thank you for posting it. I needed a cake quickly and when I read beat the butter with sugars, etc I thought, ugh, mixer. So I thought I'm going to try just melting the butter in the micro and I added the sugars, mixed it and did the measuring for the other ingredients then continued in the directions. Came out fine. My only other thought was although the cake tastes great as is, it would be great with additions. The author mentions raisins and apples, I think blueberries might be yummy or at the very least, I might double the topping recipe and just pour in half the batter, sprinkle the topping, then rest of batter, then topping. Glad I made it.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease round cake pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Measure all remaining dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Beat together butter, milk and egg; pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened - don't beat!
- Pour batter into a pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm.