Recipe by Kate's Kitchen
Looking forward to trying this Penzeys recipe out. It looks similar to the cinnamon cake in Starbucks.
Top Review by pedalpusher
This is a great-tasting coffee cake. I'm not sure what vanilla sugar is (which is called for in the streusal). I just used regular sugar. Mine took almost 47 minutes to bake in the center, and I had the oven preheated to 350 degrees. I also think the steusel topping should be gently pressed into the batter (the directions do not indicate this).
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and sugar 8" or 9" square pan.
- In a medium size bowl, cream the sugaqr and butter.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, alternating each one.
- Blend thouroughly after each addition.
- Combine all of hthe Streusal Topping ingredients in a small bowl and stir until blended.
- By hand, stir half of the Streusal Topping into the batter. Spread the batter into the pan.
- Smooth the top of the dough and sprinkle on hte remaining Streusal Topping.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let rest for around 10 minutes before serving.