Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A great new technique for making yeast bread that’s super fast, from Fleischmann's.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes fast rise yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, heat to 120 to 130F
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix in large bowl, flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Stir in milk, butter and eggs.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cover; let stand 20 minutes.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Use fingertips to work in well.
- Place in COLD oven.
- Set temperature to 350°F; bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix icing ingredients; drizzle over bread.
This was very easy to make, and it was certainly delicious. However, it dried out extremely quickly despite being stored in an airtight container. Later the same day it was made it was already drying out, and within two days it was too dried out to even finish it. I think this is more suited for when you have enough people around to eat it all right away while it's still warm from the oven. I'll make it again for sure, but when it'll be finished right away rather than having leftovers.
This is great! It was enjoyed by a group of 20 year old boys at my house tonight. I followed the recipe exactly. Would definitely make this again. Made for Market Tag 2007
Had this for breakfast hot out of the oven and then the next day for left overs. Easy to put together and taste great. Loved the smell of it baking in the oven. Enjoyed by all even my picky DGSs. DH has already requested it again. Thanks Nonnie, it will be made agaon.