Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad dressing I came up with while following Dr. Simeons HCG Protocol. It is "legal" meaning it complies with all aspects of VLCD for those following the protocol. Anyone on this plan knows the VLCD phase is restrictive and can get boring - so spices are our friends! Great on spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions - you name it. Add your protein and away you go! You can really vary your flavor depending on the combination of spices you use - this is a basic grouping...I add/adjust depending on the flavors I crave when. I love this with grilled shrimp to make my salad...on cucumbers .... with grilled chicken. Even with lettuce and a grilled burger (4% Laura's lean beef in a lettuce wrap) and a side salad.
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water, to taste (will depend on how "strong" you like the cv flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Add all items to a shaker; shake vigorously.
- Pour on desired item and serve.
- **I use a dressing shaker that I can mix and store in and keep it in the fridge until I use it up. :).
This turned out pretty good and I enjoyed it with a salad of greens. Thanks!
Perfect! Didn't change one thing except add a larger dash of pepper. Loved the oregano personally, so I would keep the amount, and this married so well with the arugula and spinach salad I had put together. A keeper for sure! Made for Mommy Diva Cookathon~ Jan. 2012 Feel better soon!
WOW! I was amazed by the taste of this dressing, well done!