Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This sauce works best on large pasta shapes, such as rigatoni or mostaccioli.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) canplum tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaf
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet; stir in onion; saute over low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes; cook over medium heat, stirring and breaking up tomatoes with the side of a spoon, until boiling.
- Simmer sauce, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt, and pepper; toss with hot pasta.